Boarding Services for Birds and Exotics
While at Camp GoldenView, pets are lavished with attention while staying in clean, stimulating and safe facility. We offer delicious, healthy cuisine with accompanying fresh fruits and vegetables (when appropriate). We also offer plenty of play time and shower/bath/misting while your pet stays with us.
While at Camp GoldenView, we can take care of all examinations, laboratory testing, or any grooming needs too. Just let us know!
To expedite your check in you may complete the Boarding Admission Form prior to your arrival.
Medical Requirements for boarding at Camp GoldenView
In order to ensure the safety and health of all of our campers, the following is required for boarding:
- A complete physical examination by a GoldenView Veterinary Hospital Veterinarian within the last 12 months.
- Birds must also have a CBC (complete blood count) and a normal fecal within the last 12 months and have proof of one negative Chlamydia test in her history.
- Reptiles and Mammals must also have a normal fecal examination within the last 12 months.
What should you bring with you for boarding?
We now offer a selection of hand made fun toys for your bird! By making a donation to Annie’s Fund your bird can enjoy/destroy a personally selected toy while here.
When getting your camper ready to come to Camp GoldenView, we request that you send 1-2 favorite toys along. We have a variety of wood and PVC perches. Please send along at least one rope perch for your camper. For dry foods, we offer Harrison’s products and Oxbow products. If your camper’s preferred diet is different, please send that along. Every day a fresh selection of cooked grains and legumes, along with a tasty salad of greens, healthy vegetables, sprouts and fruits is offered. You are welcome to bring along any fresh items that may spoil at home while your camper is here and we will incorporate that in our daily feeding.
What hours can you drop off and pick up your camper?
- Our Boarding Coordinator is here from 8am-12pm Monday-Friday. Ideally, we recommend dropping off and picking up between these hours. If you are unable to drop off or pick up during these hours, our normal business hours are Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri from 8am-6pm, Wed from 8am-8pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm for checking in. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing so we may get your pet checked in. We have other excellent staff that will be available in the Boarding Coordinator’s absence to answer any questions.
- We are not open on Sunday for drop offs or pick ups.
- Please allow 10 minutes to complete your boarding agreement and to check in your camper when dropping off.
- We will provide each camper with a camp diary so you get a “snapshot” of your camper’s stay here.
- Frequent boarding program: entitles you to receive your camper’s 15th night free when staying with us for 14 nights. Remember to bring your punch card with you and present it prior to being checked out to ensure credit towards your free stay.
- You are welcome to call while your camper is staying with us to check on her.
- Parents are not allowed in any of the boarding areas for the safety of the campers, clients and staff. If you would like to set up your bird’s cage, we will allow this in an exam room if one is available. This also assures you that your camper will only be exposed to GVH staff while staying with us.
Looking for Dog Boarding? We recommend http://www.campbowwow.com/