Emergency Pet Care & Disaster Preparedness
At GoldenView Veterinary Hospital, we provide expedient emergency vet care to Golden during our regular business hours. If you are having a pet emergency outside of business hours please call one of the following emergency clinics below.
AVIAN AND EXOTIC EMERGENCIES:
CAT AND DOG EMERGENCIES:
FOR THE SOUTHERN DENVER METRO AREA:
EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN AND KIT:
It is important to consider how you can quickly evacuate your pets in an emergency. Discuss a plan with your family and have a kit ready to go and easily accessible. Start with a plastic bin to hold the items together. Items to add:
- Blankets and towels
- 2-3 day supply of pets own food(s) – if possible vacuum seal dry foods and date to preserve freshness
- A favorite toy or two if desired
- Gallon jug of water
- Disposable dishes
- If your pet is on daily medication, include 2-3 days’ worth. Be sure to label and date.
- Emergency numbers – for a veterinary clinic, boarding facility.
Have carriers ready to go for your smaller pets and birds. Keep readied carriers and emergency evacuation kits easily accessible to you. You should be able to have your pets ready to transport within a few minutes. Be sure to keep the evacuation kit contents fresh and well-dated. Check every couple of months.
OTHER PET EMERGENCY & DISASTER PREPAREDNESS LINKS:
- Ready.gov – Preparing Your Pets for Emergencies
- Red Cross – Pet Emergency Preparedness
- ASPCA – Disaster Preparedness
Always remember that any first aid administered to your pet should be followed by immediate veterinary care. First aid care is not a substitute for veterinary care, but it may save your pet’s life until it receives veterinary treatment.